The average click-through rate for emails across all industries hovers at around 3%.
Business Development Representatives try their best to deliver great emails, scouring social media and CRMs for clues to help engage prospects.
But the B2B buying journey is complex, and emails often fall flat because:
- Messaging doesn’t match the buyer’s current needs
- CTAs lead to things the reader isn’t interested in, and
- Emails arrive at the wrong time in the buying journey
So, messages get sent, response rates are depressingly low, and the process starts all over again. Instead of spending time qualifying prospects and moving opportunities forward, BDRs get caught in an endless loop of email writing.
But times are changing thanks to advancements in artificial intelligence. AI makes it easy to spin up relevant, personalized emails that will reach your buyers at precisely the time they need them most.
How AI Boosts Your Email Outreach
The typical email writing process for BDRs and sellers looks something like this:
- Review your CRM for context about an account and buyer
- Hunt for ways to personalize
- Either start with a blank email or generic template
- Plug in different attributes about the buyer
- Coordinate with teammates for editing/review
- Press send and hope for the best
That process is then repeated ad nauseam, while crossing fingers that eventually someone will respond or take an action.
This is inefficient and decreases the effectiveness of sales outreach while also creating a less-than-ideal experience for your buyers.
A conversational email tool improves your email writing process by acting as an assistant, writer, and editor all in one.
Instead of starting with a blank draft, an AI email assistant can generate an email right away that takes into account certain details about a buyer, like:
- Their previous engagements on your website
- The topics they’re searching related to your products and services
- How far along they are in their buying process
- Unique characteristics about their business
The AI uses this data to generate a highly personalized email informed by up-to-the-moment information about the prospect you are trying to engage.
AI Email Tools Fit Seamlessly into Your Workflows
There are many ways you can use AI email tools. They can:
- Generate entire emails when you’re short on time
- Beef up your existing copy
- Provide a strong rough draft you can manually tweak, or
- Make it easier to customize templated emails by picking certain areas to insert personalized content
For instance, 6sense’s Conversational Email tool comes with an AI Email Writer capability that empowers users with the ability to:
- Highlight a phrase and provide suggested editorial revisions
- Provide recommendations for tone based on the audience
- Insert personalized copy for your recipient
- Review copy for syntax and grammar errors
All of these features are intuitive and easy to use. Crafting a personalized, relevant, and timely email for a buyer only takes moments with AI assistance, and is much more likely to drive engagement.
With a conversational email tool boosted by AI, it’s like your sellers have an army of trained editors and writers always at their side to ensure emails are well-crafted and will inspire action.