Last Updated: April 12, 2017
6sense Insights, Inc. (“6sense” or “we”) respects and protects the privacy of its users and clients. Therefore, we would like to share with you the following practices that govern how we collect, use, share and protect the information you provide to us through our website at www.6sense.com (“Website”) and other information that 6sense might collect regarding you and other individuals and companies. We also describe the choices we offer, including how you can access and update or remove the information we have collected about you.
Personal Information We Collect and Use
- Information Collected through our website.
6sense collects personal information from visitors to our Website that fill out the 6sense contact form. The personal information collected via the contact form includes, for example, first and last name, address, telephone number, email address, job position and company name. If you fill out the 6sense contact form or agree to participate in a survey or other marketing program, the personal information provided by you to 6sense could be used by us to initiate contact with you regarding your request for a quote, to process your order, deliver services and help provide better services to you, send you newsletters and updates and other information, update our records, communicate with you about 6sense’s and our customers’ products and services including new products and services which we think might interest you, invite you to participate in a product or service-related survey and generally maintain your accounts with us.
- Subscriber Information and Publicly Identifiable Information.
6sense provides an analytics-based solution aimed at helping its subscriber clients (“Subscribers”) predict whether business prospects are likely to become customers of our Subscribers.
We may receive data from our Subscribers regarding their prospective customers, such as sales data, web data/site activity data and lead information that is governed by our Subscriber’s privacy policies (collectively, “Subscriber Provided Information”).
We also collect information through third party providers who gather such data from a variety of publicly available sources (“Publicly Identifiable Information”). Such information could include for example, company name, name and title of the company’s officers and certain company employees, business phone numbers, fax numbers, email addresses, social media data and similar information obtained from the internet or published by third parties regarding such business prospects.
We may also collect non-personally identifiable information regarding business leads or other users through automated means, as described below.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use the information you provide us through our Web page contact forms for purposes of communicating with you about 6sense products and services.
6sense may use Subscriber Provided Information to process data for our Subscribers and Publicly Identifiable Information to provide business-to-business contacts and enriched data to our Subscribers and for purposes of continuing to develop a robust solution. We limit our use of personal information to the information relevant for the purpose of our processing. We further require any third party’s acting as a processor on our behalf to limit their use of personal information received from us to the purposes for which such information was provided.
Opt Out and Choice
In connection with our use of your personal information to communicate with you, you will have the option of opting out and/or unsubscribing from 6sense’s emails and postal mailing lists.
You may also request to be removed from our database at any time via email at email@example.com and we will process your request as soon as reasonably possible.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Subscribers may provide data to us for processing and 6sense data providers may collect information from the web that is not supplied directly by you to 6sense. If you desire to correct, amend or delete personal information that was provided to us by such third parties (and not directly by you), you may contact us to access, correct or remove your information from our files. However, we also recommend that you contact the third-party website operators to whom you have provided such information under such third-parties’ privacy policies. Please note that because searches conducted by third-party data aggregators may involve millions of new and old web pages every day, information about you may be acquired again by 6sense through third party aggregators. The best way to avoid having your information found by a search engine is to contact the operator of the website that contains the original source(s) of the information and ask for the operator to remove the displayed information from the web. In addition, with respect to any personal data provided about you to us by our Subscribers, you should contact the applicable company to whom you provided the data (as the data provider) should you desire to correct, amend or delete such personal information.
Sharing of Information and Retention
We do not sell, trade, share or rent your personal information provided by you to us through our Website to third parties except to provide products, services and content you’ve requested, when we have your consent or under the below listed circumstances:
- We may share your information (including Subscriber Information when permitted by our Subscribers and Publicly Identifiable Information) with third party contractors, partners, vendors and providers engaged by 6sense to perform functions on our behalf or on behalf of our Subscribers for business purposes, including hosting or enriching data as part of our processing services. These companies will have access to your personal information only to perform their functions and may not use it for any other purpose.
- We may share Publicly Identifiable Information collected and processed by us on behalf of our Subscribers with our Subscribers. All use by our Subscribers will be in accordance with their privacy policies.
- We could utilize targeting criteria in displaying advertisements based on personal information. 6sense will not provide any personal information to the advertiser when you interact with or view an ad. However, by interacting with or viewing an ad you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad.
- We may share your personal information with a parent company, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under a common control that we may have in the future.
- In the event of a corporate sale, merger, acquisition by a non-Affiliate or dissolution, personal information could be shared or become one of the transferred assets.
- 6sense may disclose your personal information if we believe we are required to do so by law, court order, subpoena from a court with proper jurisdiction, regulation or other government authority or otherwise in cooperation with an ongoing investigation by a governmental authority or agency in response to a lawful request by such public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- We do not collect sensitive personal information (such as medical or health conditions, racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership or information specifying the sex life of an individual), but if we were to do so, we would require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- We retain personal information we process on behalf of our Subscribers for as long as needed to provide services to our Subscriber. We will retain and use this personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Automated Information Collection
- Log Data: In addition to personal information, we may collect certain non-personally identifiable information through our Website, such as IP addresses, browser types, domain names, and other log data regarding your use of the Website. We may use this data in a way that links your anonymous information to your personally identifiable information, including, but not limited to, for purposes of enhancing our products and developing derivative product and/or service offerings. We may use this information to understand better how our visitors use our Website, research our visitors’ demographics, interest and behavior, including to serve interest based and other targeted advertising, improve the site, provide visitors with customized services and information, determine your location and for other similar purposes. We may link this information to personal information you submit while on our site. We may use this non-personally identifiable information and share non-personally identifiable information with others for information or promotional purposes, each to the extent permitted by law.
- Web Beacons: 6sense also uses a “Web beacon” technology, which generates an anonymous notice when a visitor accesses a web page on our Website. Web beacons work in conjunction with cookies to let us know what portions of our Website are of interest to our visitors, help us provide you with tailored information from our website, and are used for purposes of enhancing our products and developing derivative product and/or service offerings.
- Web Analytics and Internet-Based Advertisers: To help us understand our interactions with you, we may permit web analytics providers and other providers to collect, process and track information on our Website using the technologies described above. We may also share personal information with these companies. We may have similar arrangements with internet-based advertisers that might display ads when you visit our Website. These companies may collect personal and other information about your visits to this and other sites, to provide ads about products and services that might be of interest to you. The privacy policies and practices of these third party providers will govern their use and collection of this information.
- Do Not Track: Our Website is not designed to respond to “do not track” requests from browsers.
Third-Party Privacy Policies
We may display personal testimonials on our Website and other endorsements. With your consent we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Adherence to EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield Frameworks
Under certain limited conditions, EU and Swiss individuals may invoke binding arbitration as a last resort before the Privacy Shield Panel.
- With respect to onward transfers of data subject to the EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield, we remain liable for processing such transfers in accordance with the EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield Principles.
- 6sense has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield Principles to an independent dispute resolution mechanism, the BBB EU PRIVACY SHIELD, operated by the Council of Better Business Bureaus. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, please visit http://www.bbb.org/EU-privacy-shield/for-eu-consumers/ for more information or to file a complaint.
- With respect to our compliance with applicable privacy laws and regulations 6sense may be subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Accessing, Correcting or Updating Personal Information
You have the right to access your personal information in order to correct, amend, update or delete information that is inaccurate or to request that we no longer use your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns regarding 6sense’s collection, use or disclosure of your personal information or if you wish to change, amend, delete or review your personal information, please send a letter or email with your request and current contact information to 6sense at:
47 Lusk St.,
San Francisco, California, 94107
Or Email: email@example.com
We will use reasonable efforts to respond to your requests as soon as practicable. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
Our Policy Toward Children
Our Services are not directed to children under 13 and we do not knowingly collect PII from children under 13. If we learn that we have collected personal of a child under 13 we will take steps to delete such information from our files as soon as possible.