Drawing up an Ideal Customer Profile and calculating your Total Addressable Market does not give you an accurate picture of the total sales opportunity available to you. Instead, you need insights into these key areas:
1. Know Who is Considering a Purchase
It’s critical to identify which of your ideal customers are in-market, which means they’re:
- Actively researching your brand,
- Looking at your competitors, or
- Reviewing solutions for the problems you can solve
When your BDRs can focus on customers already showing buying intent, they have a much better chance of closing deals and earning commissions. When you can also provide clues about what customers are thinking — before the first call — your BDRs have another huge advantage.
By focusing on in-market accounts and capturing insights into their buyer journey, you greatly enhance win rates and morale.
Most of this intent data comes from third-party sites — not on your own. If you’re waiting for people to fill out a contact form on your site, you’ll reach only a tiny fraction of your potential customers who remain in what we call The Dark Funnel™ — where buyers conduct a wealth of anonymous research before they ever speak to a sales representative.
6sense is designed, in part, to help you:
- Understand who these potential buyers are
- Flag them for marketing and potential outreach
- Strategically connect with members of their buying teams
(To get an idea of the quantity and names of the companies currently in-market for your solution, you can use this free In-Market Demand Report. It provides data about the opportunities worth focusing on.)
2. Know Who Is Entering a Critical Buying Stage
By studying intent signals, 6sense can predict the buying stage of a prospect and alert you when they’re likely to be receptive to outreach.
There’s a sweet spot in the Consideration and Purchase stages when BDRs are most likely to convert prospects into opportunities — especially when they leverage data about what prospects have been researching.
3. Know Which Accounts Represent the Best Revenue Opportunities
Knowing which accounts are in-market is great. But knowing which accounts are most likely to generate revenue is magical.
When 6sense customers connect their CRMs and other systems to our revenue platform, our AI studies all available data about their current customers and past deals. It also looks for patterns in the marketing and sales activities that led to those customer acquisitions.
The data is used to:
- Recommend actions to optimize ROI
- Understand the value of potential deals in the pipeline
- Predict the total value of onboarding specific customers
- Prioritize outreach to customers who are most likely to help you hit or exceed revenue targets
This data gives BDRs their best opportunity to maximize their outreach, hit quotas, and spend more of their time driving revenue for the company and bonuses for themselves.