You might not see or hear them, but they’re out there, lurking around the internet, watching your organization’s every move, patiently biding their time until it’s time to emerge from the darkness … and strike.
They’re your buyers. And if you’re using legacy martech platforms, your revenue team rarely sees them coming.
B2B buyers are operating in “stealth mode” now more than ever, far beyond the view of most vendors’ awareness. In fact, buyers now complete 70% or more of their journey before they ever directly engage a vendor.
We call this anonymous data-realm the Dark Funnel™. It’s where buyers are invisibly:
- Conducting their own research
- Monitoring third-party review sites
- Reading online trade articles
- Following social media hashtags
- And more
This anonymous buyer activity makes it hard for revenue teams to identify relevant accounts. That’s not a good look, especially when their ABM strategies include connecting with in-market prospects at the right place, at the right time, in their respective journeys.
Thankfully, we’ve cooked up an in-depth resource that’ll demystify the Dark Funnel for you, forever. In our new ebook titled A Deep Dive Into the Dark Funnel, written by 6sense’s Sr. Principal of Product Marketing (and former Forrester VP & principal analyst) Kerry Cunningham, you’ll learn:
- What the Dark Funnel is and what kinds of intent data it contains
- Where it resides — both in terms of internal and external data sources
- Why it’s important, including examples of how it affects outreach and deal health
You should check out that interactive ebook asap. But if you’d like to learn a little more about what the Dark Funnel is before taking the plunge, read on.
Yes, You Can Gain More Funnel Visibility
The Dark Funnel is brimming with anonymous buyer intent data. But you can light up the Dark Funnel with the right revenue technology.
Armed with the proper solution, your revenue team can….
- Identify the moment accounts move in-market even if they’re not broadcasting it
- Determine what topics prospects are interested in without asking them to complete a form
- Resume a winning customer experience without being a nag and a drag to your audience
The trick is to carefully match anonymous intent signals to accounts and do it in ways that are relevant to your revenue team’s needs. It takes AI and machine learning to do that.
Check out the Ebook
When your revenue team lights up their Dark Funnel, untold possibilities emerge. New insights can inform and improve strategies and tactics. Your team gains a clearer picture of buyer personas. Buyer journeys become more precise, too. The benefits go on.
If you want to learn much more about the Dark Funnel and the game-changing intent data that can be extracted from it, check out our interactive A Deep Dive Into the Dark Funnel ebook now.