Leader of the Pack! Forrester Wave Results Revealed for Predictive Marketing
Forrester has just released The Forrester WaveTM: Predictive Marketing Analytics for B2B Marketers, Q2 2017. In the first report of its kind for the predictive marketing analytics space, Forrester named 6sense a leader among predictive analytics providers.
In Forrester’s new report designed to help B2B marketers make the right decisions when choosing a partner to help them identify and reach ready-to-buy prospects, 6sense emerged as a leader of the pack. And of the industry.
How this Wave went down
The Forrester Wave conducted a 28-criteria evaluation of predictive marketing analytics providers for B2B marketers. Forrester identified what it calls “the 11 most significant” predictive analytics providers – and researched, analyzed and scored them against these criteria, which include current offerings and capabilities, corporate strategy (think market approach, overall vision, road map and market momentum) and market presence.
So how does this leader board shake out? The Forrester Wave ranks all the vendors in four categories: the leaders are first. Then the strong performers. Next up: the contenders. Followed by the challengers.
Of all the 11 players, 6sense scored the highest overall. And in some categories, even received the highest score possible.
The real reason all this matters? Because, for B2B sales and marketers, it means that we’re well positioned to help you fuel lead generation and conversion. To give you full visibility into who your buyers are, what their needs are and precisely where they are in the buyer’s journey. So you can reach and engage in-market buyers. So you can succeed.
But there’s even more good news – and helpful tips for B2B sales and marketers – coming out of this Wave. Here’s a look at three key takeaways:
- Predictive analytics works – Forrester reports a growing demand among B2B marketers because early adopters of predictive analytics are seeing their efforts turn into “real, measurable results.” This Wave also points out that “predictive analytics definitively boosts B2B marketing program results.”
- And we don’t have to look too far back to find proof of this. In the recent Forrester Total Economic Impact (TEI) study conducted on behalf of 6sense, Forrester showed that the 6sense predictive intelligence platform delivered a 405% ROI. So yeah, looks like predictive works indeed.
- It’s about turning predictions into action – Sure, it’s critical that the data is accurate. That the predictions are spot-on. But this Forrester Wave points out that turning those predictions into action is a key differentiator in the predictive analytics space. So B2B sales and marketing pros, Forrester suggests that you find a provider who can connect data and model outcomes to the next steps you should take. (Good idea.)
- The Wave goes on to say that providers who “marry unique insights with tools that more effectively reach and engage in-market buyers will position themselves to successfully deliver unprecedented program efficiency and measurable returns that marketers want.” And guess what? 6sense posted the highest score out of the 11 predictive analytics providers when it came to offerings that give enterprises the “ability to take action.”
- Engage, engage, engage – In addition to delivering actionable insights, this Wave suggests that predictive analytics providers should engage fully with B2B sales and marketers in fresh, new ways. They should blend predictive analytics with early-stage client engagement, enable B2B marketers to better engage with buyers across the entire customer lifecycle and (here’s a hot button) help solve what marketers say is their biggest challenge in determining marketing budgets – how to attribute program spend to revenue results. So B2B sales and marketing pros, be sure to put these things on your checklist when searching for a new predictive analytics provider – or when evaluating the one you already have.
Where 6sense scores topped out
Remember earlier when I said that 6sense posted the highest score possible in some categories of this Wave? Well, the perfect scores came in model setup and building (note that model creation affects prediction accuracy the most after data quality and availability) and corporate strategy. Forrester also gave 6sense the highest scores among the 11 providers in multiple other categories, including data source and usage, ability to take action and product roadmap.
Want to learn more?
Get the full Wave report here to see how predictive analytics can help boost your B2B marketing program results. Oh, and PS – you can compare 6sense to other vendors here too.
Want to talk more about the report – and learn how 6sense can help you reach and engage in-market buyers? We’re right here for you.